Wilton Royal Icing (Stiff Consistency)
Write a review
- 3 level tablespoons (30 g) Wilton Meringue Powder
- 1 lb. (450 g) sifted pure cane confectioners’ sugar (powdered sugar)
- 5-6 tablespoons (75 mL – 120 mL) lukewarm water
- Place confectioners’ sugar and meringue powder in a bowl. Stir or mix at low speed until blended. Add water and mix 7-10 minutes at low-medium speed until icing turns from shiny to dull and holds a stiff peak. To prevent drying, be sure to cover the bowl with a damp cloth or airtight lid while working with the icing.
- Store icing in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks. To reuse, beat on low to restore original texture. Makes about 2 ½ cups (570 g).
- Very Important: Make sure all utensils are grease-free!!
- Make sure you fluff your meringue powder before you measure it.
- Also, check out my Royal Icing Tutorial (you can find it under the Blog tab) for more instructions and pictures.
Cakes and Classes by mle http://www.cakesbymle.com/